Whitetail Deer Hunt
All hunts are either 3 or 5 days (semi-guided). Hunters choosing our 5 day hunt will arrive on a Sunday, hunt Sunday evening through Friday morning and depart Friday afternoon. The 3 day hunt starts with hunters arriving on a Sunday, hunt Monday- Wednesday and then check out Thursday morning. Lodging (at Briarwood), meals, beverages (including all liquor), transportation during your hunt and field prep of you animal are included. You will be responsible for purchasing an Ohio hunting license and permit, which can be done over the counter or via internet (there is no draw). We can coordinate processing and taxidermy if so desired. We will not book hunters every week but rather only take a limited number of hunters for the season.
Briarwood is located in Logan County, Ohio. We have both a Fall and Spring Turkey season. If you already have a deer hunt scheduled with us and the season is in, you can add this species to your hunt.
Contact us or check the
pricing page for dates and availability. Hunts are 3 days (guided or semi-guided based on clients request). Hunters arrive on Sunday, hunt Monday through Wednesday and depart Thursday morning. Lodging (at Briarwood), meals, beverages and field prep of your animal are included. You will be responsible for purchasing an
Ohio hunting license and permit which can be done over the counter or via internet (there is no draw). We will not book hunters every week, but rather only take a limited number of hunters for the season. There is a two hunter minimum to book this hunt.
Information below is for both whitetail and turkey hunts:
- Properties will be pre scouted with blinds/stands placed according to recent trail camera activity, time of the year, weather and hunter feedback.
- Our hunts are semi-guided (turkey hunts can be guided upon request). Briarwood staff will drop you off and pick you up from the stand each hunt.
- Every shot decision is made by the hunter, with a 130" minimum on deer and 4" minimum on turkeys.
- Our guides will be available to field dress, cape and quarter your game.
- All weapons must be properly stored while in Briarwood vehicles.
- Ohio approved firearms for deer hunts- muzzleloader, pistol, bow, shotgun and gun with straight-walled cartridge rifle with a minimum caliber of .357 to a maximum caliber of 50. Turkey hunters can use bow/crossbow or shotgun.
- Deer gun hunters must wear blaze orange cap and vest.
- We provide a variety of hunting stands (lock on, ladder and ground blinds) made by Millennium. Please give advance notice if you require special assistance.
- Local meat processors and taxidermy are available upon request, and are happy to transfer your animal accordingly. However, all hunters may use their preferred providers.
- You may purchase licenses and permits online through the ODNR website.